Hyderabadis are real food lovers indeed! The first thought that flashes into anyone’s mind by Hyderabad is the Hyderabadi Biriyani. The special menu of the city doesn’t end with this one dish. Some other mouthwatering dishes of Hyderabad include Haleem, Keema Samosa, Irani Chai, Double Ka Meetha, Falooda, and much more!
- Hyderabadi Biriyani is, undoubtedly, the best thing you’ll try when in Hyderabad! You can find a good deal of varieties in biriyani. It is the famous meat-and-rice dish with various Hyderabad special spices going into the making. Initially made with mutton by the Nizams, the biriyani is now incorporated with chicken, lamb or vegetables, all of which are equally delicious!
- Haleem is another delicious dish made exclusively in the Ramzan (a festival of the Muslims) season. This tasty dish is made with wheat and loads of patience as it takes a handful of hours to cook. Hyderabadis, being true foodies, are extremely fond of this traditional dish regardless of the high calories!
- Samosas are a famous snack in most of India. Made from wheat flour, these make a tasty, crispy snack. Ever heard of a samosa stuffed with Keema? Well, this snack is a specialty of the city of Nawabs! Keema Samosa is one of the must-tries in the city.
- Irani Chai (tea) is a tasty, refreshing beverage exclusively found in Hyderabad. No coffees from the best coffee shops and cafes can ever beat the hot Irani Chai from Chai stalls on the roads of Charminar! Some tea leaves, mawa, and pure milk are the only ingredients that go into the making of this utterly delicious hot beverage. So, all the chai-lovers, do not forget to stop by an Irani Chai stall and relish it.
- Double ka Meetha and falooda are some of the fabulous desserts of Hyderabad that you are sure to fall in love! Made out of everyday ingredients like bread, milk, cream and sugar, this saffron and the cardamom flavored sweet dish has the heart of most Hyderabadis. Falooda, another milk-based dessert with rose syrup, flour, falooda seeds (basil seeds) and ice-cream going into it, is also a favorite delicious dish. Don’t miss out on these when you’re traveling in and around this city.
Not forgetting, of course, the most popular Karachi biscuits, again found exclusively in this city of pearls. Outlets of the Karachi Bakery are spread across several areas of Hyderabad. Do stop by one and enjoy a vast variety of these biscuits!
Lastly, cannot skip the butter cheese and pizza dosa. Drop in at a Ram Ki Bandi (a popular stall) and grab this super yummy dish!
These are just a few! Food lovers, you have so much more toothsome food to explore in this beautiful city. Biriyani, kebabs, sweet dishes, street food, Hyderabad always has so much more to offer! All these amazing dishes must have tickled the taste buds of your imagination. So why not take on a trip to Hyderabad and relish all these beauties? After all, there’s no such thing as too much food, is there? You can never be too busy to explore and relish all varieties of food available. Why wait when you can have your trip conveniently planned by customer-friendly portals like Yatra where you are free to choose from a bunch of cheap hotels in Hyderabad fitting your pocket. Book your trip and sit back while your convenient traveling experience is taken care of by your very own tour guide, Yatra.