Field Surgical Team begins working under US command

Exchange of hospitals' flags. Photo:CWO Ladislav S./ Ministry of Defense
+/- FONT:

Czech team was previously part of the French Military Hospital in Kabul

The Czech 11th Field Surgical Team (FST) serving at the Kabul International Airport Base in Afghanistan, in the NATO-led ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) operation, has now come under the command of the U.S. Field Military Hospital as of July, 1, 2014, the Czech Ministry of Defense said in a press release.

 

Czech surgeons and medics have been working at the French Military Hospital until the French relinquished at the end of June, and they now continue to be a part of newly established U.S. Field Military Hospital.

“The Czech team has served in this French hospital since 2011, and have contributed significantly to its medical activities,” the Commander of the ISAF International Joint Command, Lieutenant General Joseph Anderson, who attended the changeover ceremony, said while praising the work of Czech surgeons and medical personnel.

“We have been cooperating with our American colleagues for the last two weeks, and from professional point of view, the changeover has not made much difference. Our work here will continue much the same way as before,” said Lieutenant Colonel Martin Oberreiter, Commander of the Czech FST. This comment was confirmed by smooth treatment and stabilization of a seriously wounded woman the night before the official handover ceremony.

“One of our American colleagues expressed his respect of the Czech team, minutes after the surgery and transportation of the gun-shot wounded woman to the Intensive Care Unit, operated by U.S. personnel, with the words: ‘Trial by fire!’ Both participating teams were satisfied with the condition of the patient during the post-surgery period,” added LTC Oberreiter.

The FST is part of the Czech ISAF Task Force, the Headquarters of which has been based in Kabul since 2009.


Press release provided by the Czech Ministry of Defense

 

 
Log in  \/ 
Register  \/ 

The BIG Stories

Blanka opening set back — again
21 Nov 2014 16:41 - Czech News Agency

Tunnel originally planned for 2011 to be opened in March or April 2015

Interior Ministry gets envelope with cyanide
20 Nov 2014 15:39 - Czech News Agency

Letters received at the Finance Ministry and Prague Castle are being tested

Photos: John Lennon Wall vandalized
18 Nov 2014 17:32 - Raymond Johnston

Alleged art group painted the entire wall white and stenciled ‘Wall is Over’ on it

Brit vanishes during stag party
18 Nov 2014 09:31 - Raymond Johnston

A 34-year-old man has not been seen since Nov. 15 near Old Town Square

Zeman makes protesters see red
17 Nov 2014 12:30 - André Crous Photo: Raymond Johnston

Crowd in Prague indicates they are ashamed of Czech president

Search for a word in the Macmillan Dictionaries Online simply by double-clicking on a word on the page.